Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loop to run a macro for each value

Status
Not open for further replies.

blutimus

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2004
US
hello

i hve a macro 'macro1' which i normally call from a form. the form passes a value 'cust_id' from the customer table. the macro runs several queries which use cust_id as a parameter, makes a table with the results, then calls a function which transfers the table to a spreadsheet. then i go back to the form and enter a new cust_id, and run the macro again until i have a spreadsheet for every cust_id. how do i run the macro once for each cust_id in the customer table?

i appreciate any ideas.

blute

Convert the macro to VBA and browse the form's recordset.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

hi

thanks for the reply and suggestion.

i neglected to mention (sorry) i'm not too hip with the programming... how do i do that?

b

wow, that was easy.

now how do i 'browse the form's recordset'?

thanks for the prompt effective reply.

blute

now how do i 'browse the form's recordset'
Do a keyword search in this forum for browse recordset or browsing recordset.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back