Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loop start disconnect supervision

Status
Not open for further replies.

carldest

Technical User
Dec 6, 2006
US
I have a Option 51 running Rls 21. Customer changed LEC and they are supplying loop start off of an AudioCodes gateway. I know that ground start trunks are the supported type and I found two knowledge base articles that show loop start are not suppported for disconnect supervision.

The trunks are ATDN to MerMail. When a caller hangs up on the auto attendant greeting the trunk never releases the call. Had an onsite meet with the LEC and did resolve the issue to have them send us a disconnect break. My dilema is that after changing the trunk group NEDC and FEDC to ETH, 5 or 6 calls successfully dropped when we received the break from the LEC. Then it started working intermittantly and then stopped working at all.

Any thoughts on this?

The LEC is working on that angle but they are using an AudioCodes gateway that they say won't handle groung start.

Hard to believe that they dont have a means of supplying you with Ground start trunks...

the supervision on the trunk can be set to different options.

Print your trunks and see what STYP is set to, and find out which one the LEC is using and match it on your end.

there are limitations as to which one you can use based on the card type. But there are options for LOP trunks.

Ground start is a better way as suggested above, but looks like you don't have the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back