Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loop sqldatacommand

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannG

Programmer
Jan 9, 2003
RO
Hy,

I have more than one data adapters in my form. Each data adapter has 4 data commands(insert, delete...).
How can I loop all the data comands in my form for setting some parameters?

thanks

I had try use a same parameter at both Update command and insert command in past,but the IDE show me a error that is the parameter is already use by another object.

you should be find a way about "dynamic create vb code" to resolve you problem.

Maybe you could try

Code:
Dim c as Control

for each c in Form1.Controls
   If Typeof c is SqlDataAdapter then
       'work with each type of command object individually
       CType(c, SqlDataAdapter).SelectCommand.Parameters...
   End If
next c

This will let you loop through all the data adapters quickly, assuming that the controls were added in form design mode. I don't know of any easy way to loop through each command object inside of each data adapter though.

Huel

Thanks huel, thanks 740520 (I hope is write!)
I'll try huel method. I have a lot of data adapters to a form and they recive the same parameter. That's way I need some kind of loop.
There is any container for this dataadapters? Or can I access the form component. Maybe this is the general ideea but I don't know how.
I'll post a result.
Thanks for the answer.
Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back