Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loop Current 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostInPhoneLand

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2014
US
How prone to issue are the older (R4) Magix and Legends to high loop current?

Could it cause random call drops (only incoming calls) and outgoing calls to automated menus to pick up multiple key presses? Say the user presses 1 for option one on the menu but the automated menu receives 11.

We've had the LEC out 3 times to test our lines and each time they say the db strength is good. We can dial out and we receive calls fine just getting random drops. I've been researching around and found sandmans page on loop current and was wondering if it could cause the type of behavior I'm getting.

Error logs show nothing of real interest.

I use a Loop Current Meter produced by Independant labratories. The tolerance for acceptable loop current milliamps is 23ma to 32ma. However, the LEC does not recognize these readings and use their own readings. If you are above the 32 ma readings, I beleive you could be experiencing the symtoms you describe. The GOOD news is that if your Loop Current is above acceptable perameters, Ind. Labs. sells an attenuator that reduces the milliamps so you can make the adjustments on-site. If you install the attenuators and all your troubles don't go away - you will have to go to Plan B.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back