Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lookup window different 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzajosh

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
US
We use great plains installed on terminal server. When some of my users click on the loopkup (magnifying glass) button, they see a search window different than the normal one. The 2 search windows differ in this way:
1) one has look and feel of a new window, the other one looks like an old primitive window with green and white alternating lines
2) One has a new button in it to add new records, the other one does not.
plus a few more differences.
How do i let the users seeing the old window see the new window? I checked in security and all but couldn't find anything. Pls help. Thanks

Learn everything but implement only what is needed.

What version are you using? You need to grant them access to the modified forms.

I am using version 6.0. I have granted access to everything. When u say modified forms, do u mean modified windows in security?

I am doing this from memory but I believe you need to go to the alternate modified windows under security. This issue is definately security though, but I am using 7.5 and I can't quite remember all of the screens. Sorry. The reason I know this is because I had the same issue in 6.0.

KLewis, thanks a ton, it was under alternate dynamics windows but the product needed to be selected was explorer and not dynamics. Great Plains is really great pains like every one calls it. lol. Thanks again.

When the GP user interface was changed between version 5.5 and version 6.0, all the lookups became alternate windows in the Explorer/Smartlist dictionary.

This is because a number of Advanced Lookups share functionality with the Explorer/Smartlist window and so need to remain in the same dictionary. Since some of the lookups needed to be in this dictionary, a decision was made to put them all into the Explorer/Smartlist dictionary.

Sadly, this makes it difficult for ISV to modify as there is no "alternate" version of an already alternate window.

If you ever get the old version 5.5 "ugly" lookups showing, this indicates that the security is no longer pointing at the alternate version.

David Musgrave
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back