Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking Under the Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanorlando

Programmer
Dec 18, 2002
US
Does anyone have programmer-friendly documentation for 7.6.100 (SQL Server)?

A database diagram, an ER diagram, a programming guide... any would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean ____________________________
Dean Waye
Manager of Software Dev (IT)
dwaye@gtconveyor.com

For you programming gurus: if you have found improper documentation on files, have you submitted the correction to macola support/documentation group so they can fix it? I'm sure it would be far easier to get them to correct paper documentation of this nature than it would be to have them correct programming flaws. I have actually had some success in getting corrections for programming errors or adding functionality if I am able to explain it in such a way that I think a programmer can understand. Since you already have that expertise, can you advocate for change in a manner they will understand? Or do they just ignore what you say?

Submitting items to Macola is kind of like me listening to my wife......just kind of usless. :)

Chadt,

I agree on both parts. Since my wife does not read this forum I can put this in writing. :)

I have in the past submitted data type and data length problems with the DRM's. Since the documentation has not changed since 103 something I assume that they are not even maintaining these "tools".

The standard answer is that the tables have not changed. Still not an excuse for at least updating the version information in the documentation.

It is also amazing that when you can prove that an event does not fire on a form that it takes them about a day to say "GEEE that one does not fire. Lets find a work around."

The work around is to either remove the event or fix the form.

Neither happens and the DRM's stay the same. vbaMacLife.exe goes on and on and on and on.

Andy

Andy Baldwin

I think most programmers will agree that has a group they are under such immense time pressures that when they encounter something that doesn't work they will simply make a mental note that who ever is responsible is a dweeb, and since I don't have time for dweebs, will just find another way to do it, involving the dweebs as little as possible. Another day as macDweeb.com

I usually get answers from macola like: "You can work around that with flex"

Funny that they are having me fix there problems.

Chad - I tried running Flex without installing the client as we discussed a few weeks back. I assumed you were running the \instflex\vba\system dll's through regserv32.
Most of the dlls bombed out on the regserv32 run. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back