Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking to cleanup configured TN ports with no phones attached on a Nortel Opt81 system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvc57

MIS
Jan 31, 2013
US
Hi Everyone.
I'm not well versed with the Nortel but can get around. I remember with the Rolm system there was a way to do a plug test to see if there was a phone attached to a PAD address ( TN) and also to see phone failures in the system . Is this possible with a Nortel. If so can anyone give me some sort of direction. Want to clean out the switch to recoup some DID's and Non DID's Thanks Joe

You can run a signaling test in LD 30 that will identify digital ports that are not connected. Not really anything for analog though.

That very helpful!!! Not to concerned about analog. But can you run through the command in LD 30 so I can try it out I very much appreciate it!!!

Digital set you can check in ovl 32 or 20
Command idu TN

Personally, I would go into LD 117 and do INV GEN ALL
Log out of the system and after a while to go back into LD 117 and do INV PRT ALL
Assuming that the inventory had completed OK them you will get a list of most of your cards and all of the digital / IP sets. Any that say unavailable will probably be spare and unused but do check out any Voicemail / Call Pilot sets as they will actually be active.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Hi Everyone and thanks! Thanks! Thanks! You were very helpful and was able to find a ton of unavailable TN's that can be cleaned up. Much appreciate it and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back