Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for Tungsten E, driver software

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovebug653

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2004
US
I damaged my setup disk and palm has all the drivers for every other palm ever made. but still havent posted drivers for the Tungsten E. please help.

The driver you're looking for is generally obtained by installing the Palm Desktop software. The PalmOne site mentions the Tungsten E users should use their installation disk(they say the same thing about the Zire21), but never says the driver won't work. I don't have a TE, but I did try the download with a Zire21 and it worked fine. You might end up with more/less conduits than you need for the various bundled applications, but everything else seems to work fine. As a matter of fact, the software from Palm usually works with PalmOS devices from all of the major OEM's (Sony, PalmOne <including older Handspring devices>, AlphaSmart, etc).

If you don't like this answer, you should call PalmOne and pay a few extra bucks for a new CD-ROM.

Good luck!

AlphaGuy

go to palmone's support section and download the palm desktop 4.1 sp3. although it's not the version that came with your t|e (4.1.2), you should be still able to use it

Computers are unreliable. Humans are worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back