Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for the perfect ActiveX control 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlhawkins

Programmer
Dec 28, 2000
US
Hey all,

I need an activeX control that is like a memo or RichText editor except it can do syntax highlighting, show line numbers, and have multiple levels of undo/redo.

There are so many HTML/javascript editors out there already I can't imagine that this isn't allready worked out. I don't want to have to make another one.

Thanks!
oh and I don't mind paying for it but I don't want to pay $300 for it.

Is there a cheap one?

Travis Hawkins
BeachBum Software
travis@cfm2asp.com

hi,

Try codemax or codesense from here:

they are closing down soon so better go and get the sources quick! its open source and a v3.0 is coming soon from what i read.

As for real world applications using it some I know of:

SCRIPT-Debugger

HotHTML 3 Professional

Pov-Ray

Thus far the best tool that shows off what CodeMax/CodeSense can achieve would be HotHTML 3. Its tragic they didnt include AutoComplete in that release which would have complimented it greatly.

Good Luck,

~ Emily

Thanks Emily,

That is exactly what I was looking for. I searched high and low for that. I was about to rewrite the whole program in Delphi just because I could find a good code editing control in Delphi.

You saved me at least a hundred hours

Drinks on me.

Travis Hawkins
BeachBum Software
travis@cfm2asp.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back