Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for the correct programming set up for a CLID table

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbn466

Technical User
Oct 11, 2007
US
I have a few built in the my system (Option 11) but i want to make sure that the one's that i have set up are sending my full 10 digit caller ID.

We recently switched to an MPLS network from XO and they have told me that when a call is being made they only see 7 digits and are rejecting my call.

I had no problems with any of this before XO came into the picture, But they say they need to see the 10 digits and a match on our D.I.D'S before the call can be passed.

Also, we use tielines to and from Dallas, Ft, Worth, and Arlington to cut down on the long distance charges. I want to make sure that the caller I.d is being sent on the tie lines as well.

Here are the two CLID tables that i have setup.

ENTRY 0
HNTN 817
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 3369333
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

ENTRY 1
HNTN 817
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL
DIDN YES
HLOC 877
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

If there is anything that would be keeping me from sending 10 digits on a outbound call please let me know?

When I have wanted to send a full 10 in the past I have left HNTN blank and put the entire number on HLCL

Mato' Was'aka

In your example:

CLID 0 will always send out the 10 digit number 8173369333.
CLID 1 will send out 817+DN unless the call is marked as a LOC call, then 877+DN will be sent out.

If you are using the MPLS network for PSTN calls, and your DNs are 4 digits, then based on your example, you should add the NXX of your DIDs to the HLCL field in entry 1 to generate a 10-digit number that matches your DID.

If you are usihng the MPLS network for calling between offices, then I would suggest working with XO so that they will recognize your LOC+DN numbers as valid.

Thanks,

XO has told me that the reason for the call's being blocked was do to the fact that they were only seeing the last 7 digit's when they were needing to see the full 10 digit's to pass the call.

817-877-xxxx

They re-configured there router to allow the calls to pass thru there devise but, as usual, it seems to be my problem to fix there equipment.

From what i can gather from your info, all the user should be using this new entry i just built in the CLID table

ENTRY 2
HNTN 817
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 877
DIDN YES
HLOC 817877
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

But to further the confusion, could the Tie line between the sites be causing and issue if they IFC are a SL1 interface, just throwing that out there, it may sound like a silly question.

I am sure i just answered my own question sice the XO is blocking at the switch side from where the call is being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back