Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for SUGGESTIONS/IDEAS!!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

poochie

Technical User
Dec 8, 2000
GB
Here's the structure.
A. Head Office running Windows 2000 in a Domain "Blue". Arcserve 2000 SP4 Advanced Edition installed on File Print Server with 2 Tape Devices attached not the same make and Model Backing up 3 Servers (Exchange Client and SQL Client installed on two Servers other Server TEST/Spare)

B. Two Remote offices
1. File Print Server Windows 2000 in domain "BLUE2" VPN to Head office (24/7 Broadband). 3 Workstation in the BLUE2 Domain.

2. File Print Server Windows 2000 in Domain "BLUE3" VPN to Head office (no Broadband). 4 Workstation in BLUE3 Domain.

Any suggestions/ideas for a BACKUP SOLUTION based on the above?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Poochie.

1. ARCServe system account should have administrative privelegese over BLUE1, BLUE2 and BLUE3

2 Configure a backup job to backup the remote servers
using the NT agent ( Use host name resolution)
This will improve the throughput over the wire.

Hope this helps for a start...

cheers
speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

With no broadband connection to Blue 3, remote backups will be difficult at best.

Thanks for all your suggestions/ideas.

Speshalyst, I've tried a mock scene at head office but unfortunately I cannot (Use host name resolution). I have to be using TCP/IP Address. Can you help out? And will there be a big difference advantage in using Host name rather than TCP/IP Address?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back