Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for something to generate a 997

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherdmt

MIS
Jan 16, 2006
CA
I have an EDI solution already in place. Unfortunately we do not generate 997's for 864 documents, only 850s.
Docs are then put through our translator into our financial package.
For the past 2 years this has worked fine.

Now we are trading with Wal-Mart and they require a response to their 864s'. Instead of re-inventing the wheel, which we cannot do just yet, I am looking for a script or program which will generate a 997 from an inbound document. Doesn't have to do anything else.

Any ideas?

custom perl scripting accesses the van and sends/receives documents, also generates 997's for 850's.
Using EBridge to map into GP

IBM WebSphere DataStage TX w/ Commerce Manager will do exactly what you need. There maybe other packages that can do this.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

BocaBurger - That's some serious overkill simply to generate a 997 from a document.

Any other simple tools out there? Scripts or other?

Today, yes, but think about what you can do in the future.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

I have been working with ANSI ASC X12 EDI for over trenty years, and have always been disappointed by the 'major vendors' lack of attention to the 'little guys.'

You can get an idea of what my company is all about at our Web site, where you will see we already offer a number of software packages for processing ANSI ASC X12 EDI data.

I was referred to this site earlier today by one of the individuals requesting an 'easy, inexpensive' way to return a '997' Functional Acknowledgment.

I have had this idea for some number of years, but this call this morning kind of brought it back to me....

What if I were to create a piece of (Windows) desktop software, which would let you...

- File/Open any file. It would scan the file, and bring up a screen showing what ANSI ASC X12 documents were found, the IDs of the sender and receiver, and the number of segments.

You could select one or more documents and ...

1. Print that transaction set's segments (to screen and/or printer)
2. "Generate 997" for a transaction set.. with status "Accepted", "Accepted with Errors" or "Rejected" (these are the only valid status codes).

NOTE: I am NOT talking about editing the documents for compliance with any particular standard. That is, the only 'reasonable' status you could possibly expect to return would be "Accepted."

This could be a useful thing for those companies who only do 'EDI Business' with a handful of partners, partners who do not make the kind of errors which would result in "Accepted with Errors" or "Rejected." The example which started this thread (864 message in); and from the call this morning (another document in); in both these cases, the one 'inbound document' is their the only requirement to 'generate a 997'

For such a product, I would be looking at an end-user price of about $179 - $199

If there is interest (no committment required) in this, I'll go ahead and create the product.

Drop me a note with comments...

Michael Mattias
Tal Systems Inc
Racine WI USA
info@talsystems.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back