Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for some broad MICROS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlohaSharkPOS

Technical User
Dec 12, 2012
US
I have a ton of Aloha experience but I am a total goober on Micros. I need some help with some items listed below. Happy to compensate any of you Micros geniuses or point me towards an indie support help desk provider that will. Not particularly interested in going through dealer.

-I have locked myself out of the system through to many login attempts.

-Also want to ad a printer on the line. I can configure the hardware but will not some software assistance.

-Want to build a few submenus/modifier screens. Nothing crazy. just basic mods.

Somebody hit me back and lets get rolling.

Thanks,

$$$$

Aloha Shark which version are you using? I am assuming RES 3700... The locked yourself out is controlled in pos configurator employees. If you have another person at your level or higher they can uncheck account is disabled and give you access back. As for the printer on the line I assume it is an IP Printer? You need to setup Printer Classes to assign to the items you want to print there as well as setting up the printer as active on the User workstations.
Building screens can be done in Touchscreen Desginer pretty easy to do after you setup the first one.

if you have a code that can be used u can disable ob_classic security which will give you an option of numbers instead of username and password, but kknoy's way is the easiest way to go

When you say modifiers are you taling about configuring condiments eg. if you select drinks it gives you an option of warm or cold?

As for the printers are they serial,IDN or Ethernet?

Forgotten Password

Start/run --dbisql
(custom custom or DBA DBA)

Run the following line:
Select * from micros.rest_def
Find the field ob_classic_security, right-click and Edit to change the F to T, then hit enter.
Hit the ‘play’ button then type ‘commit and hit the play button again.
Exit dbisql.

Go to posconfig >System > Restaurant > Security and uncheck use Micros Classic Security.
Check Require AlphaNumeric Passwords and local system account.
**These should be the following settings**
Password expiration = 90 days
Max Idle time = 15
Min password length = 7
Max failed logins = 6
Password repeat interval = 4
Min pos length = 0
Go to Employees and employees tab, and uncheck “user account disabled”.
Change employee password, save and reload database.

Forgotten Password

Start/run --dbisql
(custom custom or DBA DBA)

Run the following line:
Select * from micros.rest_def
Find the field ob_classic_security, right-click and Edit to change the F to T, then hit enter.
Hit the ‘play’ button then type ‘commit and hit the play button again.
Exit dbisql.

Go to posconfig >System > Restaurant > Security and uncheck use Micros Classic Security.
Check Require AlphaNumeric Passwords and local system account.
**These should be the following settings**
Password expiration = 90 days
Max Idle time = 15
Min password length = 7
Max failed logins = 6
Password repeat interval = 4
Min pos length = 0
Go to Employees and employees tab, and uncheck “user account disabled”.
Change employee password, save and reload database.

Don't run those commands while you're restaurant is open. POS operations won't run if classic security is active past Res 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back