Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for simple vmail config ACS r6.0 C01

Status
Not open for further replies.

detourdog

MIS
Jul 14, 2010
US
Hey All,

I have looked around and everybody seems to want a more elaborate voicemail set-up then myself.

We have a small office that wants a single mailbox that all unanswered calls go to after 6 rings.

I currently have it set-up to ring 6 times then AA picks up. After AA's greeting the timeout sends it to extension 10 with transfering message. Extension 10 is covered by voicemail and picks up after 2 rings announces party is not available and takes your message.

I want a system more like an answering machine. 6 rings transfer to a vmailbox done.

Thanks,

Ben

You can have a mailbox answer the call instead of AA - which is more like an answering machine. The caller will listen to your greeting and can leave a message without transferring. To do this:

Turn AA off (#206, option 2 for each line). Then tell the system which ext you want to answer each line (#208 Line Coverage). Set that ext's VM Cover Rings (#321) to 6. Record your main greeting on that extension, directing them to leave a message after the tone.

Another feature similar to an answering machine:
Depending on what hardware you have, you may be able to use "Call Screening" - which allows you to listen to the caller leaving a message and pick the call up, if you wish.

Look for that option in your documentation.

Ok, that sounds like it will work. Will only the assigned in Line coverage ring?

No, this set up doesn't affect line ringing on any phone. It only determines which mailbox will answer. Everything else stays the same.

You may want to program a DND button on that ext's phone. After hours, if DND is on, the calls will be answered immediately by voice mail. The callers won't have to wait 6 rings to leave a message.

At your home, if you have a business line and a personal line, you can have another mailbox answer the personal line. So, you would have a business and a personal greeting, with messages left in each mailbox respectively.

This worked like a charm. I love Avaya/Lucent and the people that support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back