Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for plugin to export AI files with fonts and images for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebahorvath

Programmer
Jul 30, 2005
AR
I´m looking for a plugin that collects all the linked information of the project.
I found one but it only works on macintosh, i´m looking for a PC versión fo this same program.
Does anyone know about this plugin?
Thank you very much in advance!!

Saving as .ai or eps allows you to save linked images
and embed fonts (eps). Although its not exactly the
'collect for output' feature Illustrator seems to lack.

Illustrator 'collects for output' by producing a single PDF file.

Sending loose font files is typically a violation of their licensing.

...there is a collect for output script with Illustrator CS2 and CS3, in the scripts folder...

...however this only does linked images...

...for fonts adobe haven't made it straight forward for that to happen in illustrator, the alternative is to convert to outlines and save it as a copy of your original finished artwork...

...if your organised with fonts you can simply use a font management program to collect your used fonts for a given project and collect them together via copy...

...extensis suitcase will do this, but the free one from linotype is also being favoured more and more, simply because it is very advanced for a free piece of software, you can find that here:

Andrew

Yet Indesign has a fully featured 'package' feature minus pdf creation? Despite the warning about legal font use, if it potentially posed a problem for Adobe they would not have included it in Indesign - font licensing is not the issue to not have included it in Illustrator.

I cannot argue the logic of why Adobe offers font packaging in InDesign and not in Illustrator - - but Illustrator has had the option to embed or subset fonts in its file formats for years. There is no need to package individual font files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back