Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for people who can guide for CCNA examinations 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

nayanmt

Instructor
Apr 24, 2000
IN
Folks,<br>I m in urgent need of people who can provide me guideline me for CCNA examinations. I would also like to know what's the future market of Cisco on the globe for a networking professional.

If you go to Cisco.com to there certification and training page.&nbsp;&nbsp;You will find a list of all the course objectives.&nbsp;&nbsp;With Cisco going through a test rewrite it will be hard to say if they have the objectives out for the new tests yet.&nbsp;&nbsp;During their beta test cycles they do not advertise the objectives.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you are looking for the answers to the tests like you can find for Microsoft good luck.&nbsp;&nbsp;The braindumps are far and few between.&nbsp;&nbsp;The best advise is to get the books and study them and then get some actual hands on with the routers and switches.&nbsp;&nbsp;By the way there are 2 different specialties WAN and LAN.<br>As far as the future market Cisco is everywhere and as long as they provide quality support for their products they will remain there.<br><br>Hope this helps and good luck on your CCNA<br>Rob Brown

Based on what little I know, my advice to you is this:<br><br>(1) If you just what to know what one is EXPECTED TO KNOW to pass a CCNA test... ....read Todd Lammle's book CCNA: Exam Notes.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>If you need to learn the information, I would recommend the CCNA Study Guide, also by Todd Lammle.<br><br>previous networking understand required for both text's<br><br>(2) As for Cisco, I feel it is safe to say that the company will not be dissappearing any time soon.<br><br>

I disagree about Tod Lammle's books - they are so full of errors & poorly written that I wouldn't waste my time & $.

I know several people who used his CCNA Study Guide & failed the CCNA exam.

In my opinion, Laura Chappel's Introduction to Cisco Router Configuration is a much, much better book.

This is only my opinion, you should go to a book store & read a couple of chapters from different CCNA books - buy the one that you find easiest to understand. Also, hands-on is definately a good idea. If you can find an inexpensive course that offers hands-on training, and (even better)free lab time where you can go after class and practice on the routers you are much better off than just reading a book.

Good Luck!

Get your hands on some hardware if possible, go to cisco's web site, apply some of their configs. Take out commands and see what happens, learn the IOS inside and out. Get the CCNA cisco press book (you'll need to have some hands on first to be able to tolerate this book) After you've done that (yes, I realize that it's probably an optimal situation) buy the exam cram book, that'll fill in the blanks for the test, now you can go pass the test AND have a decent grasp of what you are doing on the routers and switches. If you don't have access to hardware, and can't spring for it yourself, see if you can get some people together and go in on some from ebay, seriously, you know you'll be able to unload it later.

netqs.homestead.com practice questions are quite good for the CCNA exam, I got 967 with those practice questions.

GordyBoy

gord_edwards@hotmail.com

Hey guys...i too wasted lot time browsing n searching good things for free...but alas, knowledge has bcome business these days..so finally i have made up my mind to develop the simulator myself...n put in use for all my knowledge hungry buddies...post me ur specs..n i'll try my best to meet them..i am starting work on this from today...get in touch with me at Mytreya_KV@satyam.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back