Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for mobile live Aloha reporting app w/remote access capability? I need your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

posignite

Programmer
May 23, 2013
US
I need your help testing our web & Windows app with existing sms/email reporting features for AlohaPOS, and implementing new ones. I need more Windows computers with different setups proven to work, and when they don't I need to figure out how to fix that. I've tested thoroughly on windows 7 and xp, but 10 however needs help.

This application is a simple windows install by serial number after creating the host and getting the license from the web console. Everything controlled from the web after. The installation aims to be easily performed by anyone, I always considered that terrified manager who doesn't like touching things. All connection info for your install to connect to our servers gets encrypted before it reaches your host. The main feature of this app is it's ability to forward a local port on a host to a public one on our servers, you can even secure by ip or subnet, and turn the port off or on. Ideal also for someone who doesn't have access to the local router, has dynmic ip, or know doesn't know how to port forward.

watch your dvr, setup RDP or VNC here: severlocation.ourwebsite.com:36376

I've been able to use it for quite some time now to provide support. For added security if using something like VNC, you can set the vnc server on the host to allow loopback only connections, and not switch the port on after adding it in the web console. After that I use a java web client that provides direct tcp access to those ports. something like: serverlocation.ourwebsite.com/remote . If you have questions please do ask.

Other upcoming features include local, ftp/sftp, and Amazon S3 w/versioning incremental backup. The S3 portion is already almost done, and will need thorough testing. Also we already have stripe subscription implemented.

For aloha, we can pretty much build anything but to input transaction data. Get reports, edit employees, menus, configs etc. Oh yea, I do have a working log module as well for viewing anything in the aloha log directory like Debouts. I do have some one touch fixes as well we can use, that will determine most common issues just by looking at files on the system. IE: end of day too soon would...change newdata and data aloha.ini dob to match today, grab the trans.log from todays dated subdir and put it in data, delete the datedsub of todays date, and drop a STOP file in for a refresh. Did i miss anything?

Whats really neat about this, is how we can re-brand a portal for you to extend the entire product out as if it were yours to sell to your own clients. Requires a little bit of design & setup, but it's pretty turn key with email and google anaylitcs, pages, links, members/users etc. You will even be able to input your stripe key to manage your subscriptions. side portal ie: members.yourwebsite.com . Or make your entire thing your business main website @yourwebsite.com. Can also provide dedicated servers for your hosts to connect to for those needing more security.

Hay Nick,

I have seen of a few of these flow past my eyes in the past 6 months. I would be interested to know if you can get live results like Pulse does or is it just dated folders you are looking at.

If you can put together a presentation as a youtube video for demo purposes it may be helpful so some of us.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

Hey Ross, good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Reports are definitely live for each day you pull (so you'd still have correct data if a trans.log had a mishap, and the new one gets dropped later, and re-ground.). It will also pull current days data if you picked todays date. I had at one time provided a cached type of reporting for a date range that has already been reported at least once, with checkbox option for obtaining a live copy. It worked, but could prove to be a lot of stored data. Since i'm already working on an incremental backup solution, i figured it would be better to use that existing files from backups to get cached reports that don't need a connection to the host every time you want a report. I just wanted to see it live every time for now, so i've exported them as csv. They open up nicely in something like an excel spreadsheet. I have it available to view on screen, sent via email, or target sms # will receive a link to the download csv.

One thing is for sure, this isn't featured like pulse. I'm simply providing a report of a selected type to look at, and trying to generalize the functionality so later on we can have hosts select the type of POS they run, in order to perform the proper procedures to obtain the reports. They are crunching numbers with the data in the reports to give dashboard stats. I could eventually do something similar if i came down to it. However, command center is not built into pulse, which is basically what we've done. Other than input to the trans.log, skys the limit on what we can build to automate and control. In a perfect world where all permissions were matching in a network, and we could provide what those were, we could potentially use for terminal deployment via NET usage in CLI. If you can deploy it somehow from CLI, or scripting, it's possible to plug the script in to our web console as a feature.

I do have a basic accounting portion i worked on for a bit that will be coming along, this will let an accountant user pull reports they need, and upload their monthly/weekly statements for the clients view of the host. But I really need to get this rolling at least with current feature set, and keep my brain from exploding with ideas all over it, or I feel like I never will.

I shall put a little video together soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back