Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for J.D.Edwards financial report solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDE810

MIS
Sep 28, 2005
CN
Hi,

I'm looking for a totally financial report solution for J.D.Edwards.
As u know, ERW or FRW is too complex and too infeasible to use. Crystal report
maybe a solution, but it also require professional knowledge.
I need a toolkit which is designed for my finance clerk. They can create financial
report themself, quickly and correctly.
Any suggestion?

Regards,
Amanda

Please try UFR at This is a J.D.Edwards financial report toolkit, an integrated platform for
finance analysis. It's so easy to use that you can create any financial
report by define data selection. Four different version are now available:
Universal Financial Report Writer for OneWorld xe
Universal Financial Report Writer for OneWorld B7334
Universal Financial Report Writer for EnterpriseOne (Unicode enabled)
Universal Financial Report Writer for WorldSoftware
Based on JDE API, peoplesoft UFR automatically inherit all security settings
from JDE. You need never worry about the data security.

Most important, it's free.

One that's not free and requires pro help is Cognos. It has a JDE overlay available that allows you to view your JDE data in about any way you could think of. Once that's in place, the need for pro services diminshes. Very powerful, but not cheap.

Cognos can be found at
Monkeylizard
If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith. -Albert Einstein-

One that we have used and the finance people seem to like is GL Inquiry. Now called the Really Real Time Inquiry Suite

This is a link to their website

Again not cheap but not often you can find software that finance people like using : )

I didn't install it but I don't think that we needed consultancy to do it. It uses EnterpriseOne security so this shouldn't require extra set up.

Worth a look ?

JDE810: Amanda, I have exactly what you're looking for.
Jim Gibbons. Comsys, Richmond, VA. Office.

How about MS Excel, pre-configured to report against live JDE GL info, drill down to AP AR,Inventory, Sales, etc,...
No downloading, no warehousing, no IT support needed. Has a Distribution Manager as well.
Our Accounting staffers never leave Excel and data is refreshed as quickly as refreshing the spreadsheet. They can even use their existing reports. Very Inexpensive and many, many extremely happy users. jimgibbons@comsys.com

Does JDE (or Peoplesoft) have a standalone Chargeback/Returned Goods Authorization application that can interface to SSA's PRMS A/R Module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back