Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for helpdesk tracking software recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2001
US
Hi, I'm hoping to get some recommendations for HelpDesk ticket tracking software. Here's what I'm looking for:
1. SQL back-end
2. automatic email-to-ticket generator (ability to connect w/ Exchange to create tickets from emails sent to the HelpDesk inbox).
3. Can automatically send replies/updates to the tech and the requestor on tickets when updated or closed

We've used TrackIt! in the past, which did the email part OK but had crappy reporting; right now we're using IssueTrak which has the SQL and reporting capabilities, but can't integrate w/ Outlook at all (copying and pasting text from outlook to IssueTrak is getting pretty old!)

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated - also, if there's a better forum for this post, please let me know! Thanks!

Remedy Action Request System is the product in use at my organization (over 3000 customers), and other large entities. It does have a SQL back end, and it can generate Email notifications (we don't use that feature heavily), and itegrates with other products, like LANDesk, for asset tracking. Check it out -
Fred Wagner
frwagne@longbeach.gov

Try TrackIt from BlueOcean it is excellent software. It has a web interface module so you will not have to install software. There should be a demo on the vendor website.

Derek Lewis

I have been using the following for about 1.5 years now. Love it. It may not do exactly what you describe but it's worth checking out.

Key features of Liberum Help Desk:
* Completely web-based
* E-mail notifications
* Can utilize Windows authentication, so you don't need to manage another database of users
* Allows for better communication between users and support reps: users can view progress on problems and submit additional information
* Built-in reporting to keep track of support reps, which departments are making requests, and what types of problems are being reported
* Easily customizable to fit your needs
* IT'S COMPLETELY FREE!!

----------------------
"Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your sig and help me take over the world."

We use trackit and remedy both if you can afford a remedy solution that would be my recommendation (of course do it right and invest in the product, and listen to your remedy tech) If you are a small bussiness and can't afford that solution trackit will do the job and has a few other add on features that may be usefull as well, deployit (an add on with trackit) will help deploy software accross the network. There is a web base feature as well which will add to the cost, but all in all its a much cheaper solution than remedy. Keep in mind though rememdy will grow with your campany where trackit may not.

I use TrackIt! 6.0, has everything you stated in your requirements, has been running fairly stable for us since the last patch. Would be a good time to come onboard as they seem to have worked the kinks out

Remedy is a great product with great support. It's used in our environment and interfaces wonderfully with Exchange and our paging system. Recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back