Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

colore

Technical User
Nov 15, 2006
GR
hello

I am looking for a specific type of hardware

in few words, I basicaly want only the screen part of a tablet pc
I mean, I dont want the processor, the hard drive, etc of the tablet pc (I want to use the processor, the hard disk etc of my own desktop pc which are better ofcourse)
I just want the pen-screen and its connectivity

so I am looking for a screen to attach to my desktop pc, that must have the above capabilities:
1)it must have the ability to connect to a desktop/laptop pc or any
display what the pc's screen displays (maybe be able to connect to a tv or camera or other external sources?)
2)touch-screen and mainly pen-screen capabilities (be able to digitaly edit documents with a pen etc, to draw etc)
3)its viewing angle must be decent, I want to place it on my desk as a simple paper and be able to read text from it
4)its size must be similar to A4 paper

any ideas if something like this exists?

thanks

If you're still looking, I think what you are looking for is like an MDWD (Panasonic). I don't think this supports the Tablet OS. We also used them with panasonic laptops, which is how they are intended. I don't know for sure if you can use them with a desktop, but I think they use bluetooth connections.

Brian
"There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that divide people into two groups and those that don't. I belong to the second group." - tag line I stole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back