Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for general advice on Access DB design with mixed language families

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMAS

Technical User
Apr 3, 2012
GT
Access 2013 (maybe migrating to SQL Server)/Windows 7 home premium

I've designed an Access db with some of my tables containing text in various European languages. If the relationship is 1 to 1 between languages (English text/German equivalent/French equivalent/etc.), I have put the text side-by-side in separate fields/columns. If not, I normally mix the languages in the same field/column with an extra field containing a LanguageID. I would like to continue my design allowing for the possibility of Arabic & East Asian languages (Japanese, Chinese & Korean).

Googling and Binging on "MS Access Multiple languages" & "MS Access Foreign languages" gets lots of hits on Computer languages & Foreign keys.

I gleaned some language basics from Wikipedia. Any general advice (pros/cons, useful links, etc.) would be welcome.

Thanks

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back