Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for Firmware IP DECT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPO Thomas

Systems Engineer
Nov 1, 2022
DE
Hello,

I'm looking for the current delivery firmware 11.5.16 for IP DECT base stations. I can only find 11.5.13 on AVAYA Support

Greets Thomas

IP Office ACIS, IP Office ACSS
!!! Wish you a happy new year !!!

Hi @IPO_Thomas, I have it, tried uploading here unsuccessfully, let me check later then eventually I will share to you in a different way

Hi, the official download path from AVAYA would be more interesting. It can't be the case that firmware is delivered but we can't upgrade the existing devices.

11.5.20 is in the IPO Office Admin Suite 11.1.3.1 download

@bignose21, where did you find it? The 11.1.3.1 is still not present in the download page! @IPO_Thomas, I got it from the Avaya Support, it was a official path

its in PLDS

Screenshot_2024-01-05_231117_ogcphd.jpg

Thanks, I have now found and downloaded the file via PLDS.

I have never looked at PLDS to download firmware.

Avaya sucks more and more. If I have to look into PLDS which takes me minutes to get anywhere to do anything to download then I will really move to our second brand completely. That is what support is for or am I just out to lunch on this?

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

I totally agree @Westi, I believe the "official site" to be used is the support one, I've been able to download it all from the PLDS but I wonder if it's not corrupted, no checksum, the OVA file does not work, the Hyper-V and so on are missing, I will wait until they follow the standard procedure.

Seems Avaya found problems on the suite loaded on PLDS, the Global IP Office Technical Bulletin_R11.1.3.1.0v01 has been removed...

[hairpull]

[pre]<careful rant ahead>[/pre]

Avaya should really test their stuff better. They are screwing up more and more (AGAIN!!). Customers, and worse, business partners lose confidence that they can resolve any issues and supply a stable and reliable phone system. Yes it is a phone system even with all the bells and whistles on it, phone calls are still what the system is meant to facilitate.
I heard from 2 BP's that stopped selling Avaya and an additional that stopped even servicing it except for a few big customers they are contractually bound to still service.

It is really hard to run a perfectly running ship into the ground but the Avaya CEO's seem to be handpicked to do exactly that. Tone-deaf to the real world maybe because their advisors are simply moron's or they think they know better than anyone else that works in the industry with the actual customers, like my boss in my previous company who ran it into bankruptcy after it was growing for almost 3 decades in just 4 years.

Not everyone can and want a cloud system. I heard rumours that Windows plans some sort of cloud OS, not sure how that will work but I will stay local as long as I can also because I like rebooting stuff by pulling the plug. Very therapeutic. :)

[pre]<Rant end>[/pre]

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back