Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for explanation of Oracle ERP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I need to gain a basic understanding of what Oracle ERP is. Especially in comparisson to non-Oracle ERP. I have a client looking for an Oracle Developer with experience implementing and supporting with Oracle's Application software version 10.7 NCA in Nashville, TN. I have had no luck finding anyone qualified. Any additional information provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help. TClo@MetroIS.com

Hi,

Oracle ERP is a suite of product, designed with the intention of processing transactions and sustaining the business stratigic goal through Hi tech applications and internet interface.

Oracle ERP (Enterprise resource planning) can also be defined as a resource planning tool, which has an integral transaction processing system. The later versions of ORacle ERP are very function specific and have a lot more web interface products than the earlier products. You can find more infromation on the Oracle Website, and can also go thorough the free learning center Oracle has oppened up through it's Appsnet website.

Examples of Oracle ERP include Oracle Assets, General Ledger, Account Payable, Accounts Receivable, etc...

Oracle is just another vendors solution to intergrating multiple business functions into a software package. It is better than the others if it fits the needs (and cost) of the company seeking this solution. In general it takes orders, makes, stores and ships products, creates accounting procedures and reports on results ( althought some will question the reporting ability).

It still remains the job of the business analyst or company management to fit their needs to the purchase of any ERP system. Each system has its own strengths and weaknesses and degree of "prestige".

Can anyone help me with pulling data from Oracle ERP? I am trying to determine where the tables would be stored and what field names I should be looking for. Any advice or documentation on this would be greatly appreciated.

Every Oracle Module has an Application Technical Reference Guide, listing the Tables and Columns, often with some Description.

They tend to be about $75 each from Oracle

The one closest to me says "Oracle Purchasing Applications Technical Reference manual Volume 1" The one thing you can't give for your heart's desire is your heart. - Lois McMaster Bujold

OERP is a suite of product, designed with the intention of processing transactions. Oracle ERP can also be defined as a resource planning tool, which has an integral transaction processing system. The later versions of ORacle ERP are very function specific and have a lot more web interface products than the earlier products.

oracle application are best integrated and have highest form of security for data.

Hi,

'You can find more infromation on the Oracle Website, and can also go thorough the free learning center Oracle has oppened up through it's Appsnet website.'

anyone knows where is the Appsnet website that loveinya was talking about please let me know. If you know about other useful websites that contains information on ERP, please share them as well.
Highly appreciated.

Hi,

I using Oracle ERP Order Entry/Shipping. There are bunch of fields that i need to fill in but i'm not sure which table will the values i fill into the fields, go into?? any references?? i'm quite new to Oracle ERP and find it hard to understand. Please help.....
Appreciate...

Al

Our company is selecting the new ERP App. The OERP is a candidate. I know the advantage from the presentation too much but no one who has experience can give me some dis-advantage of the ERP. i know each ERP app has strong and weakness. Thank you for your information.

tiger6k -

The major disadvantage of Oracle ERP for you would be if it wasn't a good fit for your business. You need to ask them to do a conference room pilot and show you how your present business flow would fit or not fit into what is available with the ERP modules.

Other things to consider -

If you're used to using a home grown system then you may be stunned by the amount of care and feeding that Oracle is going to require. You'll need adequate personel to make sure that all transactions and flows are completed fully and on time as all modules are interconnected.

All customizations are not supported. If you choose to customize, you're on your own with support. Any direct change the data in your tables invalidates your support unless you are directed by Oracle.

Patches are numerous and versions come out frequently. You need to be at the very latest patch levels in order to get speedy support. Most tars (technical assistance requests) start with a reply to patch up to the latest version of whatever is having the difficulty.

Since I have not worked with any other major ERP solutions, these issues may be common among the choices.

-Tracy

Hi
Thank you tracy for your help.
I found that it's beneficial for me.
tiger6k

This is going to be embarassing.
What is the difference btwn ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and SAP (Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing)?

which industries need them?
Or examples will be perfect.
Thx a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back