Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for e-mail that uses Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

celia100

Technical User
Mar 14, 2003
US
I'm looking for e-mail that uses Outlook 2000 and which can be accessed from any computer. The e-mail address I have now can be downloaded into Outlook on my home computer, but after it is downloaded, I can only access it from that computer. I want to be able to have a "home" e-mail address that I can check from anywhere.

My only experience with "more sophisticated" e-mail programs that allowed me to access the e-mail from anywhere were very techical in nature and far above my skill and knowledge level. So, I could never make them work properly and they were a waste of time and money.

Celia100

Pick one computer as your main. Set up outlook for your email account. On any other pc's you wish to access your email, set it up but check the box in tools/services(or accounts)/poperties/advanced to leave messages on server. When you grab them from your main machine it will take them off the server, until then you will be able to see them from any other pc

I don't have a simple answer for you, but I know that you can set Outlook to "leave messages on the server". Ex: my outlook is set to import messages from a POP3 server, and I could set it to leave a copy of those on the server, which I can access from the internet. To do this, go to Tools, Accounts, select your account, Properties, Advanced, Delivery section at the bottom - click "leave on server".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back