Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvi22

Programmer
Nov 4, 2000
LU
Hi,
I am trying to prepare my personal site and I want to make it in Flash at last (I have had a lot of versions of a personal site but I constantly try to improve it).
Can you take a look here and give me some comments ?
This is just a beginning and in fact I am wondering how to continue. I have a little problem with the sound as well. The whole movie is 123 KB, without the sound it is 3 KB. If you listen long enough you will notice that the sound stops for a while and continues after a short period. I don't know why, I have indicated the sound to loop but there is pause between the loops.
Can you recommend me some free (or cracked) sound editors ?
Thanks
Silvia
Silvia Todorova
Webmaster

Hi, Silvia,
The first problem I have is that there should be a loading screen (preloader) because you don't know what is happening when you first get there. It looks as if it may have crashed because it is frozen while it loads. It is very simple to put in a preloader and lets the user know what is happening when entering the site. The second thing is, and this is only personal opinion, it's a bit on the large side. It might be better if it was reduced in size a bit. It is hard to see it, its like being hypnotised!

As far as where to go next, it is good to have a plan from the start. Work backwards. Think up and design for the navigation then you can work out the animation to get there.
I can't help you with the sound side I am afraid as I haven't needed to do much with sound in Flash.

Hope this has helped. If you would like any more help you can email me direct.
eseymour@qutec.co.uk

Hi Silvi,

Re the sound loop problem, does the loop itself have a pause before replay? You may need to edit the sound itself. If this isn't the case I'll be happy to discuss it with you further if you want to email me.

ystarian@go.com

i liked the kooky WebdEsiGn bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back