Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for any one else runing HP Data Protector

Status
Not open for further replies.

fousait

MIS
Sep 1, 2004
US
i am having lots of trouble with Data Protector and my tape libaray looking for some insight on some of my problems any help would be great

We have a new implementation of Data Protector. What problems are you experiencing?

i don't know you name it i have seen about every thing even a few that make the hp guys go hmmm. a lot of lossing conneciton to the libaray

The only type of connection problems to the library we have experienced is when it becomes locked by a host (usually windows host in our experience) and is unavailable to all others.

I've experienced similar problems on our windows implementation of data protector. To solve we had to disable the removable storage service on the media agent and then remove and readd the library and drive.

yeah did that all aready the last update made Data Protector alot better

Does the machine have any other scsi devices attached?
Have you tried other devices attached to the scsi card that controls the library?
have you tried using another machine as the media agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back