Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a Word 2000 component???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrock

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
US
I just wondered if anybody else had run into this before, or if its just me. I have Word 2000 running on my XP pro machine ( all service packs) and for some strange reason, every once in a while it brings up the Microsoft Installer wizard and asks for the Word 2K disc, as though I were trying to load a Word component that wasnt installed. Whats weird is that when this happens, I'm not even in Word or using anything that would require such a component ( its happened when I'm changing the display ops, network settings, burning a disc and other mundane non-word related tasks).
At first I just reinstalled Word to see if that was it, and its still doing it.
So anyway this isnt that big of a deal but it just bugs me. If anyone has seen this before I would welcome and tips on how to make it stop!

Thanks Alot

~*~wRoCk~*~
[peace][pipe]

Call Microsoft. It does not like your license. They can sort the issue.

thanks alot bcastner. called 'em and it was indeed a licensing prob.

[thumbsup2]
Wrock.

This also happened to a girl-friend who used the "Custom" install option. She forgot to put Viewers and Templates and the like in her custom install. BUT, this would only happen when the Office products were in use, though.

Right now, you occupy a point where three lines reach across the expanse of time and space and intersect only there, and that you and only you possess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back