Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for a sabbath mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosef

Programmer
Dec 8, 2002
IL
I have a partner acs system installed in my house.
I am looking for a way to shut my phones off on the sabbath. I would like all calls not to ring at all, but to be forwarded directly to automated attendent. Thank you

Thats one way though the phones will not be answered by AA. They will be answered by the extensions mailbox, but you could set up a greeting like an AA and use that mailbox for all calls. Otherwise you can set up night service to pick up immediately and turn it on when you don't want the phones to ring.

First of all, I don't want the phones to ring at any extension, (so programming a dnd button would not be useful.) I like the night service suggestion, but I have version 1.1, and I don't think I can set night service to pick up immediately. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know. Also, how exactly does night service work. Also, interested in upgrading, does anyone know where I can get a cheap software upgrade?
Thanks

If you have a partner ACS with voicemail you can set the AA to pick up immediately. It will actually still ring for 1/2 of a ring but thats the best you will get.
Feature 00
Left int x 2
I can't remember off the top pf my head, but I think the code is #507 or 506.
If you have an overlay you can cycle through with the next item till you see hunt delay. Then it'll be group 7 all lines you have assigned and set all rings to 0. You will have to program a night service button which you can find by cycling through till you see "Night Service Button". You will want option 3 which lets you pick which button to use.
And the DND will work also you would just have to put a DND on all phones and have them pushed. You can set line ownership to one ext, say 10 and all VM's will be in that mailbox. If you need exact codes (having trouble finding them cycling through) post again and I can look them up.
Let us know what happens!

Matt Wray
CCNA

Yosef - Since you have an R1.1, you can only set the number of rings before the Auto Attendant answers to either Immediate Answer (which is 2 rings) or Delayed Answer (which is 4 rings). This affects both Day and Night Mode.

If you set it to Immediate Answer, and set the phones to either Delayed Ring (4-rings) or No Ring, then NO phones will ring on the initial ring-in. After the Automated Attendant answers, and transfers the call, it will ring at the intended station.

For Sabbath Mode, put a DND button on each phone, and instead of ringing, the call will go directly to the station's voice mailbox.

If you purchased your Partner from an Avaya Business Partner dealer, they may be willing to upgrade you to a newer release for no or a small charge. Business Partners can now download and reprogram the flash card from your system to upgrade the software. By going to at least a release 3 (current release is 4) you can change the number of rings before the Auto Attendant answers on a per-line basis, day-night basis, from 0 to 9 rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back