Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a good Voip System

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelw2311

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2019
MU
Lately i have heard a lot concerning Yealink Voip System ,about how their IP end user phones are so popular.

But i would like to compare it with an Avaya System.

Any one who would like to share.

But we all know that in the end it all come down to " De gustibus non est disputandum "

But any way i am open to any ideas.

Thanks

It has been asked many many times already on this forum, search for them and review.

Best to at least post the must have features that you require and your budget.

Also it appears you already have IP office....why are you looking to swap it out?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I find the IP Office hard to beat for features and usability - very personal opinion and respect other re-sellers will have their own personal favourites
I also re-sell yealink voip solutions hosted through a 3rd party and these are good also however I still prefer Avaya IPO what sort of set up are you aiming for with Yealink? Cloud or OnPrem?

Calum M
ACSS

Hi Calum

Thank you for your honest opinion.Indeed it will all come down to budget, features and personal choices

But since i have never work with Yealink, i wanted to know more about this range of product but am also aware that they are the 2nd top Worldwide Supplier of VoiP endpoint terminals.

By the way, i am an inhouse service/support engineer. I have been working with Ericsson /Aastra/Panasonic/2N /Polycom. And in my very personal opinion,i am an Ericsson Guy . But now Ericcson PBX is E.O.L.

Hey Michael,

Yealink is a very popular phone now, it has actually been surpassing polycom over the past year.

They have multiple lines of phones, lower cost basic phones, mid range phones, and high end executive phones all the way up to video and android OS touchscreen displays.

Alot depends on the backend VoIP vendor for features.

Feel free to browse our knowledge base, we have a ton of yealink stuff up there for our partners

support.viirtue.com

Just remember that Yealink is a phone vendor not a system vendor so you will need to work with a hosting company for your service.
Mike

We have Yaelink phones with a Xorcom system.

Overall very pleased with it.

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

You are comparing features and price.

You need to know what you want if you do that.
Call Center with or without agent app and monitoring capabilities
Call recording, all or just some people
Call details by user / account code
voicemail basic or more involved
more that doesn't come to mind past midnight

some hosted will provide a full range of all these some will only do part of it the same with on prem, some will be able to have it all some not

If you give us a glance into what you actually want to have on feature set then we will be better able to tell you what we recommend.
If you have an Avaya IP Office btw then upgrading to additional features, if you need any, is mostly cheaper than buying a new system or paying monthly for hosted.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

There is another option too. Move to an Asterisk based open source PBX environment like FreePBX that supports Yaelink and virtually all other major IP phone brands as well. Then you also do not have to worry about being nickel and dimed as you don't have to pay-per-extension or per-feature (unless you want ultra high-end call center features that come with additional support but those are all priced insanely low compared with most proprietary offerings as well). I have become thoroughly convinced the only things keeping the propriety PBX companies afloat these days is name recognition, marketing, and an illusion of superior support (outside of Cisco who ride on being able to tie your phone system into same dashboard as your IP systems at large). Can't understand how paying A la carte for basic functionality like call recording, voice mail, and monitoring and CDR is still a thing in 2019.

Can a FreePBX system (free version) have cell phone app, desk phone and PC softphone, similar to what some hosted companies offer? I believe they call that sip forking, is that possible?

We are 3CX acredited resellers. I come from 12 years of Avaya IP office, and to be honest, I really like 3CX.

Its easy to learn. Easy to deploy. Exceptionally feature rich. Stable. Multi platform. Free softphone for PC, iOS, Android. Zero touch IP handset deployment. VM and call recording out of the box.

bla bla bla.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back