Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a course.. IP fundamentals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregL123

Vendor
Feb 16, 2007
CA
Hi,

I have been working on the Option switches for a few years now, but, have no Certifications.

I probably should start (Maybe or maybe not depending on who buys the Enterprise division and what they are going to do with the product), but when looking up on the Nortel website, and following the flow charts, courses etc... it says basically "you can't do this course until you have this other course as a prerequisit etc". So, I basically have to start at the beginning.

So.. I need to get the course "IP fundamentals"

Does anyone have it? or know where I can get it?

Thank you

Greg.

globalknowledge.com the course name is IP Fundamentals coure 0229T

Thanks guys.

I was kind of hoping to find a burnt copy or somewhere on the net where I could download it or something.

Thanks

Greg.

1st thing i would recogmend is binary math and basic ip subnetting.. those or free on line.. google cisco vlsm.. or ccna dump.. not that you need a ccna but the free study guides have a lot of information that helps with ip

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

For what it's worth, I work for one of the big 5 telco's left after all the merging and it's been over 12 years since opt21 thru 81 installation and maintenance. Looks like the big companies only want hands and eyes in the field for teir 1 and 2 support. They want you to learn it with on the job training. I went to CallPilot and Symposium only because the customer was high profile. We still have about 50/50 mix of Meridian Mail and CallPilot. My experience is that customers either will use DCHP or give you the IP address and subnet mask they want you to use. So that's where theory and real world collide. Would you let a tech with steel toe shoes , splicing knife and scissors, wearing bifocals fat finger around in your network routers and switches? Most business models only let telco tech's admin the phones, PRI'T1 or fxo fxs interfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back