Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a couple of good scripting website 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazebac

Technical User
Apr 16, 2003
US
Looking for a couple of good sites that have some good scripts for 03 server and maybe some sites with good lessons on how to write scripts for 03 Server. Thanks.

If you are looking for a good beginners Scripting IDE, which is also good once you become expert (wink), then PrimalScript is fantastic! Autocomplete, colouring, and testing, etc. There are other cheaper options, but having tried many free to inexpensive, and even some more expensive than PrimalScript, it is the best one I have used. I mention this because it is listed on the first link you have up there.

The Microsoft Scripting Centre (also mentioned above) is also VERY useful for quick looks at how you use this method or that.

Beware that there are some "new and improved" methods in 2003/XP which are not in the Win32 libraries for 2000. For example when trying to add and remove printers. I wrote a script on XP that worked on our XP and 2003 machines fine, but when it tried on some of our 2000 machines, it took me a coupel of days to find out how to get round it! (because i learned solely on XP/2003)

Here's some more not mentioned above:
VBScript Functions
Daniel Perti's Tools and Scripts
ADSI using WinNT
WinGuides

Good Luck!

Will
[morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor