Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a Circuit Card Manual for a NEC 2400 IMS (IMG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTed

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
US
Preferably digital (and free) but I could try and persuade the higher-ups to buy a dead tree copy.

Also I'm trying to find out if a 2400IMS/IMG has the ability to be configured to dial "All Phones". The situation is this our "Mental Health" department is running on one of my old 2400IMS/G's and they want the ability to dial a number or press a button and call everyone in the building tell everyone to lock there doors and don't come out until the "All Clear" is sounded. We do have overhead paging but they would also like the ability to one shot dial everyone and say "Doctor BadHands is in the building".

Try for manuals. As for internal paging, your system is probably too old. That feature was added later on. Perform a DISS command on main memory and list the software version.

Wedophones only have the IMX and IPX manuals, they don't go back as far as the IMG. The manuals are similar though as these later models are based on the IMG. You would have to use external paging and access the PA system from the phones IMHO and there is a feature programming guide (word copy) for the old IMG here.....

Your software is way too old for internal zone paging. Follow Ozzie's suggestion for external zone paging. You will need an analog trunk card and it uses the first circuit on the card for paging.

Thanks, they do have the ability to dial 4 digits and access the overhead page system and I have tested it and it works. They just wanted (hence I just wanted) to know if a internal paging system was possible.

Again thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back