Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Long Pause in printing spread sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

williekay

Technical User
Jun 30, 2003
US
I have a spreadsheet I've used for years. It has a ton of VBA code behind button clicks. It references a lot of books both inside the document in other worksheets and in another spreadsheet. It has a form that prints with a page break. I have a button for saving the record and printing the document. It used to print well now it takes three minutes before it prints using either the Microsoft Toolbar button or my VBA button???????

Willie

Hi,

Is this printing to a network printer? If os, has anything changed with respect to the network?

Has the workbook significantly changed with respect to size? This may not be a VBA-related issue, so you might want to also post in Forum68.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a brand NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Thanx Skip- all of that is true- we're networked, records are added daily so it get's larger each day, but I solved my own problem. I got on a MS site before I started this and found a write up on pauses while scrolling and one solution was to unset the page breaks. I played around and found that if you set the document to PAGE BREAK VIEW it prints normal. I rewired my buttons to open PAGE BREAK VIEW, print, then return to normal.

Thanx Again though.

Willie

Thanks for sharing what you learned. I'm sure that it will help other Tek-Tip members.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a brand NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back