Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Long Distance Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMace

Technical User
Jan 4, 2024
US
Hello everyone. I have a client with an Essential key system. The only 10 digit number that successfully dials out is the Provider's (MetTel) 800 number. I don't have access to Monitor (password is lost) so I can't confirm this, but the provider states in their traces that the PBX is only outputting 7 digits, cutting off the last 3.

All shortcodes in the ARS look good. Both 7 and 10 digit calls being allowed (again, MetTel's 800 number goes through just fine). I assumed the provider just hadn't enabled LD, but they have confirmed it is enabled.

Any thought about what I may be missing?

To prove this you're going to have to connect a serial cable to the IPO, reset the passwords, and use System Status or Monitor to confirm what the IPO is outputting. Without doing that it will just be a he said, she said, between you and the Telco.

With newer releases you can login into security settings (either with Manager or using WebManagement) with Adminstrator credentials. There you can set a new system password (for monitor). You should also be able to set HTTP/S as protocol in monitor and use Administrator credentials to connect.

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

Oh.. good call! I didn't think of that.

If the issue is as they say, would anything other than ASR be responsible? It's "doing it" on both cards. And again, it's very weird that the provider's 10 digit connect Judy fine, 100% of the time.

I'm headed there now, and will double check the short codes. Thanks! I'll update in a couple hours.

Everything looks good to me in terms of the short codes and ARS. But again, it's not my area of expertise. I attached the config as-is (hopefully it's accessible), if you want to take a peek.

I'm wondering if it's an issue with the MetTel's adtran. They swear the features are enabled in Broadsoft, maybe they're just not making it to the adtran.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0460d448-717c-40de-a6b1-ca3f48135fdb&file=5691_-_Config.cfg
At lest launch System Status, go to the SIP line, and click Trace All. You won't see all of the details from Monitor, but at least you will see the SIP messages that are being sent out and what is being received back.

Turns out the call number in the 10 digit ARS was missing a digit. I just missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back