Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Long Distance Dialing Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

probietech

Technical User
Mar 27, 2009
US
Hi Folks-
We have an Avaya Definity PBX and are experiencing a problem dialing certain phone numbers. We get a recording "Sorry, your call cannot be completed at this time" everytime we dial a long distance area code followed by a 7xx prefix. All other long distance calls go through fine. Any ideas??

Look at the ARS Analysis table (list ars anal) and see if someone added an entry for 'xxxx7xx'. Also check the ARS Digit Conversion table (list ars dig).

You can also put a trace up on a station and make a test call (list trace station [ext]).

Kevin

Thank you Kevin- I will pass this on to the techs and see what they come up with

Actually, we did the list ars route and chose the number we are unable to dial - and it is routing to the long distance trunk, however- wehn we PIC to the long distance code 1010288 we get the same message "Sorry, your call cannot be completed at this time

have you tried that number from a cell phone? may be a non working number

Yes- We have called about 8 different numbers from desk phone 920-793 920-7xx and was only able to get through on 1 line. We are able to call all the numbers from cell phones without issue

if your ars is indeed correct, then your ld carrier is blocking these calls then.

If you're PIC to AT&T (10288), I don't think they want to see the lead digit '1'. Try creating a new Route Pattern for a test number.

Kevin

AT&T is telling me that they think it might be because we do not have the ani programmed on the ld T1? How do I program the caller ID to the T1?

in your public unknown numbering table , your trunk group needs to reflect that setting on page 3 make sure the format is public.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back