Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

long distance dialing after move from Verizon to Earthlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil21080

MIS
Apr 18, 2006
US
Good morning everyone.

our company moved from Verizon phone service to Earthlink. We now have an issue where a number we used to dial in the 443 area code (10 digits) isn't working anymore. It's the first time we've come across this issue, so I'm not sure if this may happen again with different long distance phone numbers. Earthlink techs said their systems are only receiving the first 7 digits, and that it should be marked "National". it's something I should be able to do on the IPO, but it's not something I've done before, and not quite sure where to begin looking.

Thanks

the problem is you switched over to earth link, very bad move this will cause you numerous headaches going forward, it's an earth link issue for sure.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

yeah...they kept telling me it's on my end and I need to fix it on my system. I told them we didn't have this problem before we switched over. they said the problem is due to their local calling area (or something along those lines), and the system isn't interpreting the number our phone system sends out correctly.

I know you switched to earth link to save money but in the long run you will come to regret this decision, I just did a 3rd party job for a vendor with an earth link circuit, it was to go onsite to install a cisco iad, well long story short it took 4 site visits for earth link to get their act together and on each visit was on the phone for about 2.5 hours. Good luck with them going forward. also is your pri configured for NI2 on the switch type, you will most likely need to change this if it is different, let me know how you make out.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back