Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Long Distance Call Access Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancal

Technical User
Oct 31, 2009
US
Hello,
Never used this feature before.
Apparently you can assign codes for users to punch in so that they can make long distance calls?

what LD is it to create/config a code?
Can you print out all the codes that are assigned to respective users?

thank you

I think you mean authorization codes. You can configure them in LD 88.

Although they do not specifically apply to long distance calls. You can configure a NCOS for the authorization code.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

ok.
so this is all i see for both AUB or AUT.
REQ prt
TYPE aub
CUST 0
AUTH006

REQ prt
TYPE aut
CUST 0
AUTH006
CUST 1
AUTH003
CUST 0
AUTH001

Am I supposed to lookup these AUTHxxx in some other command?

You need to build the groups, none are assigned by default:)

AUTH006 tells you that the Authcode database doesn't exist. You must create 1 before you can print 1 :)

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

oh. you mean there are no auth codes built at all?
i just received a ticket from a user at this site that says they would require a new "Long Distance Access Code".
Any ideas how else they are doing this then, if not through LD88?
Sorry should have clarified that users are already using them somehow.

Most likely they are provided by the LEC and are provided on the phone bill so they can account for LD charges.

Yes you are correct BelAir. That is what they are doing. I should have asked them first thing this morning. What a waste of an hour...
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back