Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Long Delay when dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

penroy

MIS
Feb 12, 2006
JM
What parameter can I change in the PBX to limit how long a call should take before before it is executed.

In dialing plan it's called dial time out.This is for routing and if you press # after the number it will send the digits also.

I believe host delay in system-wide settings will affect the delay of call execution as well.

If you have it set up properly in the dialing plan under the default # of digits setting, the call should execute as soon as you key in your last digit. Not sure where you are located but in most major North American cities you would have the default value set to 10 digits, long distance & 1800 calls would be set to 11 digits.
911 & 411 calls are set to 3 digits by default.
You can set up the dialing plan table to create any abnormal dialing sequences such as local 310 calls which are 7 digits in my area. If you don't have your tables set up properly the digits are sent after the dialing timeout setting which can go from 4 to 15 seconds I think or by pressing # at end of you dialing string as cook1082 suggested.

pccal, when counting digits, do we also include the absorbed ones?

For instance, I'm in Greece. When I dial 9-210-555-5555, the 9 is absorbed and the rest of the digits (10) are dialed out. Do I set value 9 to 11 digits, or value 2 to 10 digits?

Now, when I dial to Philippines through VoIP, no number is absorbed (the 9-0063 is absorbed by the Philippines BCM when the number is sent out through their PLDT). Do I set value 9 to 15 digits (total digits dialled including #9) there?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back