Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOM prompt to ok prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

suranji

Technical User
Jul 5, 2002
LK
Hi

I am using Sun Netra t1 system connected with CISCO 2511 terminal server. When I am going to install the t1 it doesn't come to the ok prompt. But it gives me LOM prompt. When I put poweron , it booted from hard disk. That hard disk also has a crashed OS and it also not completed it's boot. when I put reset -x also it booted from hard disk without giving ok prompt. How can I goto the ok prompt to give boot cdrom command to install the netra t1? Please help me on this matter.
thanks
-suranji

Let the machine boot with ur faulty HDD (Upto whatever extent it boots!); then use the "STOP+a" sequence to go to OK prompt and then change the default boot device on the OK prompt..

Also, verify whether your NVRAM parameter "Auto-boot" is set to 'false'..

Hope this works.

Regds,

- Hemant

Hi This sun netra t1 does not have keyboard or console. Then unable to use STOP + A. If i do that through untra sun box it effets to that ultra box itself only.

Type "break" at the lom prompt to go down to OK.

Steve

Hi
When i used ultra sun box and hyperterminal in windows also the BREAK key doesn't work to go to OK prompt. There is no command called BREAK in LOM prompt command set. It says no such command.

thanks and still problem here.

suranji

If you're connected through a terminal server, you can do the following:

Ctrl-] (the Control key plus the right bracket key)
this takes you to the telnet prompt -- here, type "send brk" (without the quotation marks).

This will usually take you to the OK prompt. At that point, you can do whatever you need to do, starting with setting auto-boot? to false as mentioned by Butterfly123. This will work with any (Sun) machine with which you have a serial connection through a terminal server.

Sorry "break" is a netra x1 command, but as kerambit275 says you should be able to send a break through your terminal server.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back