Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaZZaW

Technical User
Sep 3, 2002
NL
Hello,
Can anyone tell me how to empty the log files from servers or clients. I can delete the quarantined file directlty from the log but I would like to clean up the log files.. lots of old irrelevent info.

Thanks

Gary

My server logs on my NAV just drop off the bottom after a certain amount of time.

I just now "dropped" from the end of Dec. a user clicking on an email attachment that was malicious. Had to look at that in my logs for months.

I don't know what the default time period is, I've just left it alone. Probably a registry hack somewhere defines this.

If you're really feeling up to it, you can R click the log message and hit properties and show the user who's doing the clicking a friendly reminder that it's throwing you a message in the log file....and to please stop clicking on email attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back