Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon with a Nt Workstation over a link wan

Status
Not open for further replies.

josesc

Technical User
Dec 18, 2000
BR
I Have nt workstations off-site, that are conected to my site by a 128Kbps link wan.

How can I do a logon over a link wan?

Any help will be appreciated.

it will don´t work, because users may be athenticated at the same time that they login, but thanks for the response.

Have you tryed to check "dial-up" box on the logon screen, and specify the interface in the RAS connectivity screen? It shouldn't start the authentication process, until the phisical link is established (just like with a regular dial-up).

Good luck.

How can I specify the interface. It only appears the numer to dial.

Implement a BDC in the remote site & setup WINS in both subnets, and your clients will log on locally to the BDC, and will be able to map drives over the routers...
Is this what you're trying to do ? Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

Not at all, because I have onle one workstation. It´s a center that have many companies there, and they make all the network infrastructure, só there is only one person working and using a nt4 workstation. I can´t have PDCs or BDCs there, only routers that connect that site qith my site.

ok, implement a LMHOSTS file on your workstations.
(Can your workstations ping the PDC ?) Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

The timeout setting should be changed in the registry, I suppose (due to a slow link). LMHOSTS editing should help, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back