Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTurske

MIS
Mar 30, 1999
US
I use login scripts for drive mappings and I have a problem getting them to execute when I logon via a RAS server. They just don't run. When I run one from the netlogon directory I get "Error 2141: The specified server is not configured to accept the command you typed. To find out if the server is configured properly, contact your network administrator." on the command net use h: /home /yes<br>
<br>
Does anyone have an idea on either of these questions?<br>
<br>

I had the same problem connecting windows 95 with NT RAS. The problem was finaly solved when I enabled 'Log on to network', 'Enable software compression', AND 'Require encrypted password' in the properties of my windows 95 DUN. Other combinations may work. I haven't tried them all!

Go to My Computer, click on dial-up networking, right click on your Ras connection, click on properties, choose the scripting tab. There you can enter the location of the logon script.

We had this problem for a long time when we switched to IP from IPX. Scripts ran fine under IPX, but were not reliable under IP. What protocol are you using? Are you dialing in with 95 or NT?

I use IP and am dialing in with 95. I have since went to an IBM 8235 RAS for this project but would still like to get the NT RAS to work correctly.

We initially had the same error. By including the Wins and DNS settings in the Ras setup, scripts ran no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back