Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon Problem - Lack of resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talson

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2002
US
I have a Win2000 Network running mixed XP Pro and 98SE clients, not running AD or domains all on a Workgroup, on a few of the machines I am having an error at logon. A message box comes up and says "Not enough resources to complete logon request", or something like that. The computer is at a remote location and having an employee tell me what is says. What could cause this?
The Shutdown Button is greyed out until the user clicks on Options and reclicks options then it come back.

You may have to go on-site.

The issue is likely that the virutal memory settings are too low for what they are doing at the remote site.

You can try walking through one workstation by phone as a test. Try a Win2k workstation: Control Panel, System, Advanced, and adjust the virutal memory as well as the space reserved for the registry.

Reboot.

Make sure no one played with the permissions, as this is the most common problem:

These clients are just POS's, and have nothing running before login. Perms are fine and they have 256MB which is far more then needed to run the POS.

And under your virtual memory settings, how much room did you pre-reserve for the registry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back