Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

logon issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinxs

Vendor
Mar 28, 2003
US
I'm having a strange logon issue, I have a user account set-up and is a member of users and administrators. Whenever I powerdown or reset the workstation, the account becomes locked and I need to login as administrator and unlock the account. If I just logoff without a power cycle, I can log back in. What would be the root of this evil? Thanks in advance.

I am not sure what the problem is I am having similar issues with my system except every time I log out my system reboots got any ideas ?

Jinxs one option is to make sure that user accounts do not lock out at all. Other thing is to check is to make sure that user does not run any services with the old password.

TechSolutions run computer for a virus check, looks like it might be a virus issue. Use stinger from McaFee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back