Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon hours for groups 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fvcu

MIS
Apr 12, 2000
CA
I have a small group of users (50) that I need to ensure are not logged in to an application on a BDC at a specific time. By default all of our users have unlimited logon hours. Logon hours cannot be set for groups, only individuals. The only thing I have arrived at is putting the &quot;NET USER TIME&quot; command with the variable %username%. This would affect a larger group than just those 50, but not adversely.<br><br>Does anyone know of a better solution?<br><br>Mike

In User Mangler for Domains select all 50 users at once using CTRL+Click on them them click User&gt;Properties&gt;Hours through the menus to set limited hours for all 50 at once. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>If everything seems to be going well: you don't have enough information.......

Thanks Jeff.<br>Technet article Q150995 details that procedure but our staff change positions frequently and I want to keep the administration tasks to a bare minimum. In the event of my absence this solution could be problematic.

Mike,<br><br>This is a common problem.&nbsp;&nbsp;The other is things you need to do every couple of years and can't remember from one time to the next because of the infrequency.<br><br>The solution is a &quot;Best Practices&quot; book that details how to do each administration task that can be passed on as staff turns over.&nbsp;&nbsp;It's a lot of work but is probably the only way to capture the knowlege.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Do you really need to adjust logon hours that frequently? <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>If everything seems to be going well: you don't have enough information.......

I tried clicking on User, Properties, but I don't see hours.
Why would that be?
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back