Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

logon credentials incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinchen

IS-IT--Management
Oct 14, 2003
US
Hi:

I am having trouble to open mailbox from a NT 4.0 machine, we have one Exchange 2K server on Windows 2000 machine, all Windows 2000 workstation station has no trouble to open mailbox by using Outlook 2000, but on NT machine, when I try to open mailbox from Outlook 2000, It always prompt for username/domain name/password, no matter what I type, it always come back with same error message "Logon credentials incorrect".

Same user account/mailbox can be opened from any Windwos 2000 machine by using Outlook 2000.

Thanks.

Kevin

Hi:

Our problem has already resloved, it was due to DNS problem, NT workstation could not resolve mail server name, I added a line at c:\winnt\system32\drivers\hosts to specify name and IP address of mail server and hence resolve this problem.

Thank you for your suggestions anyway.

Best regards,

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back