Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

logo on webpage 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyec

Technical User
Aug 20, 2004
US
how do some websites get their logo to show in the title bar instead of the IE logo?

thanks, star for the preemption!

Cory, is that a blow-up-doll-head-smiley?

-kaht

Looking for a puppy?

silky-icon-left.gif
[small]Silky Terriers are small, relatively odorless dogs that shed no fur and make great indoor pets.[/small]
silky-icon-right.gif

OOPS, looks like i have to upgrade my webpages to css - using heavy frames & java apps right now - to get it to recognize the favicon.

define "outer" frameset?

i have 3 frames
left
right

tia

the 3 frames are in a frameset

When working with frames you define a frameset which consists of a number of frames. Into each frame you load a document.

You need to apply the favicon to the frameset document rather than the documents within the frames.

<honk>*:O)</honk>
Foamcow Heavy Industries - Web site design in Cheltenham and Gloucester
Earl & Thompson Marketing - Marketing Agency Services in Gloucesterhire

did that originally, must be something i missed.

thanks again

Who had 2 Aug 06 10:25 in the pool for when the "favicon question" would come up again?

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

by the way guys it does not show in title bar which was the orginal question... it only shows up in the address bar... thats also only with firefox/opera not with IE

so the original question still remains???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back