Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logo colour In Quark 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

colobean

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
I have a logo that I want to have in a professional brochure in Quark. The Eps file puts a white back ground behind the logo. When I make the background the same pantone, when printed, it is still very noticable.

How can I import the logo with no background so that I can just place it on the quark background colour it should be on? I need it to look like it blends in perfectly in to the colour?

Please help!!
Thanks very much!

I assume this is a Photoshop EPS. If it is vector art (created in Illustrator/Freehand) it should have a transparent background. If it is vector art and you have a transparent option in the save menu, use it.

For a raster image, you may have to use a clipping path set up in photoshop. There are a few different option for doing what you want. They all depent on the color and type of file you are working with. Bitmap files saved as a tif will be transparent in Quark etc.

Is this a grayscale image, color.
more info about the file may help you find your answer.

is the EPS from a vector program like Illustrator or is it from a bitmap application like Photoshop?

Kind Regards
Duncan

If the Eps is a Photoshop image you can either place a clipping path on it or make note of the CMYK values and match them in your Quark doc.

Actually I was using a tiff but found an eps, its a black logo. I assume that I can change the colour of it in illustrator and then put it in quark?

Thanks for your help!!!

If it just black, change the color mode in Photoshop to Bitmap and resave it as a Tiff. Then you can color the background in Quark, and set it to none.

If it's greyscale, again save it as a tiff and change the background in Quark to your background color. If it's still noticable, there might be some faint grey where it looks like white. Adjust the levels to get rid of it.

Okay this is my new problem,

I have found it in a vector format - eps. It is a black image with white writing inside of it. I need to make the logo white. How do I make the already white text inside the logo transparent? I tired the selecting the none in the swatch pallet and it turned it all white.

Thanks for helping, appreciate it.

If I am picturing this correctly your type is turning white because the logo behind it is white. If you select the none swatch for your type color it will be transparent and you will see what is behind it in Illustrator. If that is a white logo that is what you will see.

Two options: color the type in Illustrator the background color from quark. Or maybe a better option, select the logo and type and use the divide option in Illustrator to cut your type out of the background logo and then you could see all the way through.

I think that makes sense?

I actually tried using the pathfinder palette and it worked too. Thanks for all your advice and help. Makes my life easier knowing there are people that are willing to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back