Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

richrich

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2003
GB
I have one pc at home with xp pro and another with xp Home.
Both security was fine. But the xp home (not now networked) is accessed by my son. The problem is that I retain the administator right and give him and others the limited account - with or without password.

He can login and changes admin rights and allsorts of other things as a administrator. I keep changing his rights and password and even set a password on the PC bootup. This is to no avail as he can still get in and change what he likes. Its not the password disk being used as this can not give you admin rights. I have changed my password etc and it makes no difference.

Any ideas how he does this as it getting very annoying and I have concerns he will be into my XP Pro PC that I use for work, very soon.

I don't need to know how he gets in (although its interesting) I need to how to stop him.

Don't say cut his hands off - I'v thought of that :)

Richrich

well things are quite. I have tried all the ideas and he is not getting on at the moment and its been a number of weks so all looks good.

Thanks again to all those who helped.

just one last thing I would like to add a spy that watches from boot up and not just windows - any ideas?

Richrich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back