Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login User and PW for Subreports with Intranet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMo

Programmer
Mar 18, 2002
GB
Crysatl Reports 7 IIS and Oracle Database. I can set user name and password for single reports and view them from Browser with no problems, but as soon as I insert a subreport it keeps coming up with the Login windows. I have tried all sorts of approach such as:

user0=Name&Password0=Password
&user1=Name&Password1=Password

user0=Name&Password0=Password
&user1@SubRep.rpt=Name&Password1@SubRep.rpt=Password.

I have tried with the $ sign as well, I have also tried ceating SubReports within the reports or Inserting existing reports as subreports.

No Matter what I try It will show the login window for the SubReports.

I had a similar problem that turned out that somehow the report file SubReport.rpt was refered to within the report as simply SubReport

I finally figured this out by looking at Edit->Subreport Links... and seeing what name was refered to there.

What I don't get is how the report filename and that reference can be different, which was my case.

But at least making the change to just user0@SubReport=user fixed my problem.

Thanks For the clue, although that was not the problem I've had, I've noticed that you numbered the subreport with a zero. for the last few days I'va been trying to make it work by incrementing from 0 to tot Subreports#.

When I replaced all of them with a ZERO(0), everything worked.

Thanks again for your help.

MisterMo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back